Plug Socket problem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I am running out space to plug the necessary things for my fish tanks in in my room. I have near enough ran out of plug sockets. Does anyone know any ways to get around this? Is it okay to have two adapters each with four sockets on coming out from each socket (neighbouring sockets). I do not know much about this and I probably got the names wrong, hopefully someone knows what I am referring to. :D

Beetween 2 outlets I have 13 cords plugged in with power strips so I don’t think it will be a problem

I have this same problem. I have found that a simple power bar will fix that. Because then, you can add another power bar to that power bar. I don’t suggest adding more than 2 on 1 bar. Here is a link to a power bar on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TP1BWMK/?tag=ff0d01-20

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm not so bad now as I got rid of 6 led floodlights and replaced them with a 6ft aquarium LED,
but I was running 10 floodlights, 8 heaters, and a large pond airpump in my fishroom/cupboard from a spur I got a mate to install for me. I used 2*8 gang adaptors and a 1*4 gang adaptor.
If you go down that route make sure to get individually switched adaptors so you can switch one item off at a time.

Or something like this

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow that’s quite something. Will it not over load a socket?
Most of the equipment we use is low watts. Filters use very little; LED lights use very little and fluorescent only a bit more. heaters are the only high rated things.
Look at all the things you would need to connect to a multi-socket; the manuals should give the watts of everything, add them all together. The item description for my link says it will run a total of 2500 watts.

Whether you go for this one or another type, don't get the cubes with sockets on each side. My electrician son says they are prone to overheating and can cause fires. Strips with side by side sockets are a lot safer.

Most of the equipment we use is low watts. Filters use very little; LED lights use very little and fluorescent only a bit more. heaters are the only high rated things.
Look at all the things you would need to connect to a multi-socket; the manuals should give the watts of everything, add them all together. The item description for my link says it will run a total of 2500 watts.

Whether you go for this one or another type, don't get the cubes with sockets on each side. My electrician son says they are prone to overheating and can cause fires. Strips with side by side sockets are a lot safer.
Thank you for this info, this will become in an issue soon when I get my third tank which will be quick large so when I find out how many Watts I am using in total and figure out if it will work.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back