Plecostomus

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Cloud.boi

Reaction score
I couldn't quite find the right feed, I'm new.
My tank is a 15 gallon with 2 filters, one filter is just sponge for the biome and the other has carbon. I have a heater on either side since I live in a colder climate. My tank remains at a solid 82 F gratefully.
My ph, gh, kh and Ammonia and Nitrate are all Perfect. (Testing strips)So I don't understand why my pleco is turning black. My tank doesn't have many hiding places, I have 2 plecos, I've had them for about a month, I added a hiding place recently and one of the took to it immediately and immediately went darker. The other one remains a beautiful brown as when i got the babe. I'm in the process of cleaning my mother tank and so they're hanging out in my algea tank, I used to house fry in ( playful decor ) of course the one took to the little hiding place inside but again is still dark, they turn a bright brown when I catch them off guard though... I'll post a pick if I can as my babes are shy, their appetite is the same, I feed them on a regular schedule and I'm gentle around the tank... I read somewhere it meant they were happy, I'm carving the other one a second hut out of mopani root. I'm wondering if they'll turn dark as well given a their own spot?

Attachments

• 20220524_140848.jpg
    20220524_140848.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 77
@Colin_T

I would suggest looking into toxic materials for plecos, however I am not sure about the picture and what you think is wrong. For the future, buy an API Master Test Kit. It’s much more accurate.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back