Plecos with Plecos

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Elise

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Can two big plecos be together/ or two small plecos be together?

they're just the common plecos....just one of my friend's tanks is overloaded with fish and she needs to make room so we wondered if we could put her common pleco with mine...they'd have enough room in my tank (when they get bigger I'm going to upgrade tanks from a 26g to a 55g)

i'm not certain, but i think commons are some of the more territorial plecos. i imagine a 29 would be too cramped for two of them now, and a 55 is still too small to house two adult commons.

we're just about to get an 80 gallon and that will only just be ok for our 2 big plecs.

It'll need to be quite open plan but have hiding places too...

I have a common pleco with another (might be common but looks a lot like an L21) and the common pleco is very territorial; basically dominating the piece of driftwood in the tank and chasing away the other violently if is comes around there. The other stays in the sword plant I have.

Eventually they will be separated once I get some more tank space, but I have another common pleco growing in a smalled tank. I'll probably end up giving one back to the LFS.

Oh, we really don't want to stress out the plecos. :no: Guess she'll just have to buy a tank for him all by his lonesome. Thanks for helping, guys! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back