Pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Abhiyantesh

Reaction score
Can I put a new pair of pleco which i just bought in a tank which I was not using from around a month? There seems to be some algae and don't know if fungus is there too, have attached a pic of the tank for reference. Should I clean the tank before use or should I let the pleco in to have a feast on the algae?

Can I put a new pair of pleco which i just bought in a tank which I was not using from around a month? There seems to be some algae and don't know if fungus is there too, have attached a pic of the tank for reference. Should I clean the tank before use or should I let the pleco in to have a feast on the algae?
Was the tank cycled before you stopped using it? Was the filter running while it was not used?
Most important, what are the current water parameters?

I had a cycled tank that didn't have livestock for about 3 weeks, but I kept the filter running even if it was just rocks, wood and water inside.
I added 3 mollies and they were ok. Wouldn't hurt to do a bit of cleaning, too, but if the water parameters are ok, I think you can put the pleco in.

Chances are the tank would not be cycled. Do you have media from another tank that is cycled from which you can move some media to the tank in question? Doing a fish in cycle would require monitoring with test kit and frequent water changes if ammonia or nitrites are over 0 ppm.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back