Pleco wont eat! Turning super pale.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

biofish

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
Hello all! My bristlenose pleco who Iā€™ve only had since about July, has turned progressively more pale these last few days.

I looked it up: and it said the most common form of it is malnutrition. So Iā€™ve been putting a lot of sinking pellets, algae waters, and flakes in her favorite corner of the tank but it doesnā€™t seem like she cares. She never comes off the glass at least while Iā€™m watching (from a distance, sheā€™s people shy)

My cories and non bottom dwelling fish (who are discovering how to be bottom dwelling fish šŸ™„) tend to eat the food overnight. I put the food in after lights out and Iā€™ve gotten ready for bed.

Water conditions are normal. All my other fish are behaving well. Typically my guppies are the first indicator that something is wrong with the water but theyā€™ve been trying to mate with anything that exists as ever.

I havenā€™t put any new wood in the tank in a long while, would putting a new piece in and giving her some tannis help?

I know yā€™all have mentioned cutting up slices of fruit/veggies before for them to snack on. Zucchini I think was one? Are there any other common household veggies that I could try?

Itā€™s actually the first time in a hot sec Iā€™ve seen her top fin out. But that could also be because her downward orientation rn
39E0CB3A-8688-4AD9-8940-5F358FEE33E3.jpeg

Attachments

• 51649827-6B66-49D0-9A44-009573487EC1.jpeg
    51649827-6B66-49D0-9A44-009573487EC1.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 15
Blanched (or steamed) zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, green beans, carrots, cauliflower

I make myself some, and take out a few pieces for my fish before they are fully cooked

Okay how small should it be chopped? Iā€™ve got some baby carrots. Should I leave them as thin slices or cut them even smaller?

I need to run to the store anyway so Iā€™ll try to grab one of the above listed. Anyone you think would be more tantalizing?

Okay how small should it be chopped? Iā€™ve got some baby carrots. Should I leave them as thin slices or cut them even smaller?

I need to run to the store anyway so Iā€™ll try to grab one of the above listed. Anyone you think would be more tantalizing?
Mine can't resist brocc, cauli, and green beans

Just a decent size chunk of each, don't overdo it until you find out what he/she really likes...and remove from the tank after a day or two, any uneaten pieces

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back