Pleco Tattoo...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lrhodes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Say I decide to get a tattoo of a pleco... which view would be better?
Sucking on the glass.
Birds eye view, from top.
Or side view, profile?

I would really have to find the right person to do it. I would went it s realistic as possible.

In my opinion, side view would be best. Just my opinion though

Birds eye view from the top could look really cool! 

Would be great to see a photo if you do decide to get one :)

I will definitely post pictures if I ever get it! Lol.
I've also considered a blackmoor tat to. That one I would definitely do a birds eye view!
Decisions decisions.....

i think if you get a top view of the pleco that is swimming (giving movement on a tattoo and done right always looks great) on the shoulder blade going up would look neat. or on the arm, and then you can expand... but the the pleco on the bottom and as you expand you can do school fish towards the shoulder more.. (pleco near the elbow)
just an idea :p
post pictures when you get your tattoo done :)

I did find an awesome betta tattoo, while I was googling ideas. Thought I'd share.

Attachments

• Fish-Tattoo-Designs-and-Fish-Tattoo-Meaning-2.jpg
    Fish-Tattoo-Designs-and-Fish-Tattoo-Meaning-2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 957
I think the top view and you could have two curving into each other to make a Yin n yang sign

I think a pleco tat should be done about 45 degrees from top. That way you get to capture all of the awesome of the fish. Whichever angle you choose make sure to have all of the fins extended. But at the end of the day it's your skin the needle is going in, so make sure you're happy with the tat. Any fish lover can appreciate the tat but you're the one who has to live with it.

I have a betta tattoo in the same spot! I went to someone a friend recommended and sort of regret not looking around for someone who knew fish a little bit better. I should have been very concerned when I was trying to explain my idea to the artist and his first question was "what is a betta?" I have to hand it to him though, he told me he did more research for my tattoo than any he's done before and actually came up with a really cool design. I love the actual fish but was slightly disappointed with how the "background" turned out.

Biggest advice, find the right artist and don't be afraid to get picky!

Hello!

I too want to get a fish tattoo in the near future (maybe a koi fish? or a pleco). @Fish Crazy - if you ever get it, please post some pictures, because I am really curios about it. I don't know what to choose, so a realistic picture would be a great help.

One of the reasons I want to get a fish tattoo is because they mean so much: prosperity, bravery, fortune, power, change, strength and more (found more here http://www.tattooneed.com/koi-fish-tattoos-meaning-symbolism/ )

One question, if anyone could help - what would you recommend between: koi fish, betta fish or pleco? Sorry if I am too offtopic.. :)

NoneFish said:
Hello!

I too want to get a fish tattoo in the near future (maybe a koi fish? or a pleco). @Fish Crazy - if you ever get it, please post some pictures, because I am really curios about it. I don't know what to choose, so a realistic picture would be a great help.

One of the reasons I want to get a fish tattoo is because they mean so much: prosperity, bravery, fortune, power, change, strength and more (found more here http://www.tattooneed.com/koi-fish-tattoos-meaning-symbolism/ )

One question, if anyone could help - what would you recommend between: koi fish, betta fish or pleco? Sorry if I am too offtopic.. :)
It all depends.... its kind of just your opinion and what you like. Koi are the most tattooed fish for sure! I've ran across a few betta tattoos while doing research for a tattoo, but not many. As for plecos... I think I saw one. And that was in a big tattoo of like a tank, and it wasn't finished.

Its going to be a while if I ever get it! I just like to plan ahead. Expecially with something permanent!

NoneFish said:

The tattoo should mean something to you personally, or else someday you will probably regret getting it. So you should go with whatever fish YOU like. I got a betta tattoo because I love betta and because they are really symbolic to me for several reasons. You should pick a fish that you enjoy and will be proud to show off for the rest of your life :)

So.... more votes for like a side top view?
Like these?
Bahaha. What about this?????????
Cutest little fella ever!

Attachments

• T51.jpg
    T51.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 507
  • pez044.jpg
    pez044.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 645
  • black-moor-goldfish-carassius-auratus-don-farrall.jpg
    black-moor-goldfish-carassius-auratus-don-farrall.jpg