Pleco Problem...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fishyfriend

Reaction score
:no: I can't beleive I didn't notice this sooner, I got this small pleco and it looked in great shape the only problem is its missing a right rear fin, will it grow back or will he be without one fin? :/ I feel bad for the fellow because it must of hurt, I know it wasn't one of my fish because I just bought him. :-( Will it grow back or not?

Must be one of the pelvic fins... Does the fish seem OK? If so, don't worry! It may have hurt at the time but some fish can be exceedingly tough and can battle through many ailments. This is more of a cosmetic problem I suppose... :)

Im sure you pleco will be fine. :nod: I have a little cory catfish that had his entire mouth bitten off by my since brought back to the store blue lobster! :sick: :blink: ANyway, that happened a month or two ago and the little guy is doing great! :D His mouth is even growing back! I noticed yesterday that his little "whiskers" are startin to grow back too! B) So anyway, my point is that your fish should be fine. ;) U should keep an eye on him just in case, but otherwise, enjoy your handi-capped pleco! :) Is it just me, or do the injured/recovering fish seem to have the most character and tend to be favorites more often than not?! :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back