Pleco help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tl52505

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Earlier when I was just observing my pleco, I noticed his belly seemed like it was closer to the glass then where the bottom of the tail is. It is completely not noticeable unless he is swimming where you can se the bottom of him or he is on the glass. He still acts completely normal and I haven’t noticed anything else. Is he just fat, or could there be something wrong. Also he is pretty small, maybe like 2 to 3 inches if that changes anything. I am probably worrying over nothing but I figured why not check with other people.

Attachments

• 6F4A3D61-9A4E-4247-B26D-66B26597AF04.jpeg
    6F4A3D61-9A4E-4247-B26D-66B26597AF04.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DCB183AA-D192-442D-B555-880E284FBB50.jpeg
    DCB183AA-D192-442D-B555-880E284FBB50.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 52
Are there any other Pleco's in the tank? Are you sure it's a male?

Just from the pictures, he seems to be a healthy fish.

Is there driftwood in your tank? Perhaps your pleco is having a digestive issue such as constipation if it isn’t getting the fiber benefit from driftwood.

Earlier when I was just observing my pleco, I noticed his belly seemed like it was closer to the glass then where the bottom of the tail is. It is completely not noticeable unless he is swimming where you can se the bottom of him or he is on the glass. He still acts completely normal and I haven’t noticed anything else. Is he just fat, or could there be something wrong. Also he is pretty small, maybe like 2 to 3 inches if that changes anything. I am probably worrying over nothing but I figured why not check with other people.
he looks fine. I have a small clown Pleco with a huge belly but he’s been around for a couple years like that so I guess he’s just fat lol. yours is beautiful!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back