pleco catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Angel Lady

Pet of the Month Leader
Reaction score
:unsure: I purshed a baby pleco aqbout a week ago and his eyes look like that they stick out way more that the big 5inch pleco that I have had for the past six months he looks like the same kind of fish to me is it possible for thise things to catch popeye?Or should I take him back to the pet store and get me another one?

Is it feeding OK and is it active? Some photos would be useful if possible... :)

Gibbo said:
Is it feeding OK and is it active? Some photos would be useful if possible... :)
my digital camera is in the shop I wish I could send in a photo he seems to be eating ok his eyes look different than the other one that I have they are popped out enough for me to notice.He is a baby he couldnt be 6 weeks old at the most.And he is very active he is a inch long not very big at all.this makes my second week that I have had him I guess if it was pop eye he would be dead or sick by now wouldnt he? I am new to fish I have started about three months ago.

There are many type of plecos, though you most likely have a common pleco (Hypostomus plecostomus) b/c these are the type that most pet stores sell. Some types of plecos do have eyes that seem to stick out. Even if the pleco is sick, plecos are really health fish and are fairly hard to kill.

Peace,
DPS B)

cherrylt04 said:
There are many type of plecos, though you most likely have a common pleco (Hypostomus plecostomus) b/c these are the type that most pet stores sell. Some types of plecos do have eyes that seem to stick out. Even if the pleco is sick, plecos are really health fish and are fairly hard to kill.

Peace,
DPS B)
I think he is the most common one it may be a different sex than the other one that is all I can figure unless the tanks still have some of the flood waters in them and the fish got something from that they had a bad flood a couple of weeks ago and lost all the fish they had except the plecos they told me that he was a new one that they just got in Ihope they didnt lie to me if they did they will no longer get my money for nothing else and I mean that.

"plecos are really health fish and are fairly hard to kill."

That is unless they jump out like mine did. He pushed up the lid all on his own.

cichlid_freak said:
"plecos are really health fish and are fairly hard to kill."

That is unless they jump out like mine did. He pushed up the lid all on his own.
a friend of mine has a pleco that has little brown spots all over him (what could this be) as the matter of fact three of his plattys have them to it sorta looks like ick only except a different color it looks like gold shavings or dust they are a gold color I used my tempature gauge and like a dummy I put it back in my tank and didnt was it off will my fish catch anything from this.

The disease you describe is velvet,tell your friend to act NOW,one of my tanks is currently infected with it and it spreads quickly.Gibbo gave me some good advise on the disease in the tropical emergency section so look that up to see how to treat it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back