Pleco Appreciation Thread

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm not sure if hes a sailfin now after seeing other people's pictures haha but this is J Franco. Hes only about 4 maybe 5 inches long, I've had him since March and hes very shy. Coming and going pictures because that's the best I can get! 😅
20210603_215240.jpg
Snapchat-1678091423.jpg

I'm not sure if hes a sailfin now after seeing other people's pictures haha but this is J Franco. Hes only about 4 maybe 5 inches long, I've had him since March and hes very shy. Coming and going pictures because that's the best I can get! 😅 View attachment 137824View attachment 137828
What a little sweetheart! Could definitely be a sailfin. I find it a little hard to differentiate commons from sailfins, but judging by the, well, sail-like dorsal fin, I'd say he's a sailfin plec, lol.

Can we start a little thread on appreciation for plecostomus? I've got such a soft spot for their little suckermouths and they don't deserve all the hate they get just because of a little bit of extra poo :-(

Reply with pictures of your plec(s) and tell us what you love about them. No hate please!! This is a pleco-friendly zone.
I'll start, here's my sailfin Pocoyo, and my common pleco Baby!
Aw… cute.
Someone posted a cool video here of one that looks like yours (to my untrained eye) & he was chopping on a Brussels sprout! adorable.

So sweet!! If you could find the vid, I'd love to see!
Here is a still I took from the video to show someone in a diet/fitness forum who was raving about the nutritional benefits of Brussels sprouts. Is it the same fish as yours or something else? I will look for the video.

Attachments

• ED1F572A-05F3-436A-862E-456D8CC47640.jpeg
    ED1F572A-05F3-436A-862E-456D8CC47640.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 62
Here is a still I took from the video to show someone in a diet/fitness forum who was raving about the nutritional benefits of Brussels sprouts. Is it the same fish as yours or something else? I will look for the video.
Hmm, I'm not actually sure! Doesn't quite look like a common, but doesn't look like a sailfin either. I can't always put a name to a plec, so maybe I should be doing some additional research! Will let you know if I come up with anything.

I can’t find it, but if you put : “fish Brussels sprouts “ into the search bar at the top, you’ll see other fish eating them. I need to get some for my plant eating goldfish. They rejected baby spinach leaves.

I can’t find it, but if you put : “fish Brussels sprouts “ into the search bar at the top, you’ll see other fish eating them. I need to get some for my plant eating goldfish. They rejected baby spinach leaves.
I didn't really put it together until now that you could feed them sprouts. That's definitely where the sprouts on my Christmas dinner will be going this year lol

Can we start a little thread on appreciation for plecostomus? I've got such a soft spot for their little suckermouths and they don't deserve all the hate they get just because of a little bit of extra poo :-(

Reply with pictures of your plec(s) and tell us what you love about them. No hate please!! This is a pleco-friendly zone.

This is my pleco called athe Snortilus, anyone know what this is pleas

Attachments

• 20211119_192951.jpg
    20211119_192951.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20211119_192848.jpg
    20211119_192848.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 56

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online