Plec Id Please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
you want info? well here you go, it will get to about 15-18" long and will need a 75g min.

agree with the others, it's an albino common/gibby plec, and will get to about 18" in length !!!

one of my pet hates, Fish shops selling common/gibby plecs to people, and claiming them to be something that they are not, instead of being honest about the fact that within 12months it will have outgrown the tank it will be kept in..... rant over ;)

I don't use Pets at Home for livestock, but my local one has information stickers for each fish on sale. The one for Common Plec advises that they can grow to 2'. I like this idea as I believe that most fish purchases are impulse buys, and it's more difficult for an LFS to print inaccurate information than it is to give it verbally. I've never met an LFS employee that has known more about a fish I bought after I'd researched it, and I'm no expert.

Andy : )

lol did they sell it for an expensive price by puttin a dodgey name on it?? oh yeah n take it back n tell em to research themselves =] also luks very skinny =[

I have a plec similar to that one (pic below) I have had him for a year and my brother had him for atleast a year before he was given to me. The fish has not grown any bigger than about 5 inches. I believe what you guys are saying about when you id the fish. The plecmeister himself (russell) id'd it exactly the same as this one but mine is not growing. He loves the cucumber, bombs about when the bloodworm are put in, has algae disc things that he latches on to and is an active little dude, but is not growing.

What am i doing wrong or is it an exaggeration about the length he is going to grow to?

ebay002.jpg

The Common was rehomed!
ebay003.jpg

Damn those pics are blurry - sorry

i think he could stay if your 4' is a 75g. what are the dimensions of the tank?

(48 inches) X (12 inches) X (15 inches) = 37.4025972 US gallons
(48 inches) X (12 inches) X (15 inches) = 31.1441644 Imperial gallons
(48 inches) X (12 inches) X (15 inches) = 141.584233 liters

IMO too small for that pleco.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back