Plec for 55L tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cryosi said:
55 L tank so what dimensions is that! 36x 12x15 bigger smaller, i hate L and G dimensions sorry old school i prefer inches and feet then i know what i am dealing with :lol: :lol:

u dont like bristlesnoses! crumbs :-( :-(

what kinda filtration using, hwo many lights waht wattage? got any pics!

Gibbo hit the nail on the head treat the problem not the sympton. good luck anyhow!
Hearin ya, Cryosi. I find such a huge amount of online fishkeepers refer to their aquariums in relation to their size in terms of water capacity rather than dimensions, which I find far easier, be they in inches & feet, or centimetres & metres.

To make matters worse, theyre always referred to in, "Gallons". I always forget how many litres make a gallon! :crazy:

Ok, so what I'm going to do is:

Keep Gibby in the 55L tank until he gets to large. The fish that are in there with him now will be nowing to a 180L tank over the next few weeks. I have a 23L tank full with barbs and sharks - they will be moving into the 55L (or it may become a cichilid tank not sure yet :S .

When he grows too big I'll move him to the 180L tank. When he gets too big for that I'll take him back to the pet shop and exchange him.

Do you think that's a good idea?

Sounds fair enough, with the glaring exception that any species of Shark is infinitely too large for a 23L aquarium, & a 55L for that matter.

I have a 155L aquarium & I am hesitant to put Sharks in. Consider placing them in the 180L if at all possible.

if u keep the gibby put him inthe biggest tank u have! if not then take him back! it be easier to home him now which reminds me must look for a large plec from my lfs soon about 12 or more i think! could always ask about the 18inch monster they have :nod: :nod: :nod: :D :rolleyes: :thumbs:

now I don't know that much about pelcs.... but I do know this in that they won't always eat the alge. I know that terry when I had my pirhanas didn't really want to eat the alge he was much more content to eat my plants and the alge waffers that I gave him which reminds me that he needs a few put in his new tank tonight cause it has been a couple of days. I don't like to feed him waffers every night cause then he don't eat the alge in the tank this way I get best of both world he eats some of the alge and he gets fed to do so and I get a cleaner tank a liitle bit at a time. but definatly not stoping his growing today I watched him bully my jack dempsey around for a few minutes then back to painting

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back