Please identify this white thing on fin-update she isn’t moving it!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishNewbie82912

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Pic attached...

Fish is new to tank 3 days ago. Apparently the boy I thought I bought was a pregnant girl and she gave birth the first night! My rainbow is attacking her like crazy. Luckily I separated her the first night and she gave birth in a vase :/ but now I added her back since she was going after her babies but the rainbow is still after her. Not sure if it’s an injury or infection. Also she’s in the breeding box I bought for the babies but using it for her til I know what’s up.

Attachments

• 96B602FA-4939-4ED4-A3D1-B5DD4199B489.jpeg
    96B602FA-4939-4ED4-A3D1-B5DD4199B489.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 160
Looks like a little injury. Do daily 75% water changes and one teaspoon of aquarium salt (if the vase is about a gallon). Otherwise, 1/2 tsp.

Last edited:
Looks like a little injury. Do daily 75% water changes and one teaspoon of aquarium salt (if the vase is about a gallon). Otherwise, 1/2 tsp.
Thank you! Glad to hear it’s just injury and not a new disease or infection to combat

I have her in the breeding box until I set up new tank tomorrow. I will then add her and a couple others from main tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update she’s not moving the fin and is moving very little. I thought she was dead but she does move her tail and other fin a bit. Also it looks puffy in that area around the fin.

Are you treating her with the water changes and aquarium salt?

I’m so sorry for your late st. She may have had internal damage. :(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back