Please Identify This Thing

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DoyouWantsum

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I took some pictures of my shrimp and when i had a look at them later i noticed this wierd thing. do you have any ideas of what it its.
wierd_thing1.jpg

looks like some little snail shell viewed from above :dunno:

Yep i think your both right. I had some small flat snails in one of my other tanks, so one or more of them must of somehow goten tansferd to this tank.

thankyou for the compliment on my shrimp, here is a pic of my favorate.

tanks_117a.jpg

First off I am FARRRR from an expert, but I thought maybe a Singapore shrimp. :dunno:
I have 2 in my tank and thats what they look like!

They go under lots of names (Singapore shrimp)(bamboo shrimp)(fan shrimp)(wood shrimp)(rock shrimp).

As far as i know there are only two types like this. One is (Atyopsis spinipes:Bamboo Fan Shrimp) which he is and the other is (Atyopsis moluccensis:Common Fan shrimp) both are from South East Asia.

He is about 3.5 inches long.
rockshrimp_109.jpg

First off I am FARRRR from an expert, but I thought maybe a Singapore shrimp. :dunno:

wow, nice pic in your sig!!!

oh yes nice shrimp i nearly bought group of bamboo`s to add to my planted tank but ended up with discus, lol.

wow, nice pic in your sig!!!

oh yes nice shrimp i nearly bought group of bamboo`s to add to my planted tank but ended up with discus, lol.

So I wonder if my shrimp are the same type as yours? Here is one of them, but I have to warn you......it's a yuk cell phone picture! What do you think? My little turtle loves to chase them, but I am afraid he is just slow! 108950538629_290.jpg

[/quote]

[/quote]

your very welcome! with out wanting to sound to desprate lol.

I love this place, this is the only place in the world where you can read posts like "Nice shrimp" :lol: for some reason, I find shrimps and prawns highly amusing. Love the pics :)

Most reactions

Back