Please Id These Plants! Begginer Mistake!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FingersofFish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi there,

When i first purchased my tank i went to my LFS to get some java fern, ended up coming away with some background plants as well and have no idea what they are or how to properly care for them! Silly mistake, i now  buy all plants from AquaEssentials and find them great!

Plants were healthy when bought unfortunatley came riddled with snails eggs which i now have in the tank, but i can live with that.

The frondy ones that look like little trees (left) i did have two, but one has gone completley brown and i'm considering removing it (its just behind the ciruclation pump and next to the filter inlet) the one behind the bubbles still looks fairly healthy if a little pale.

The large ones at the back are about 30cm tall and i bought them that way, i seem to remmeber the guy in the shop saying they were giant 'something or the other'. Have circled them on the pic, thanks for any help.

The plant on the right is Giant vallis, I have some of this in my tank, it doesn't grow much but has been in there for ages, the one on the left is difficult to see from the pic may be water sprite or something similar? 

Most reactions

trending

Back