PLEASE HELP

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Brianna

Reaction score
all of my fish are dying. Im freaking out. I have had all four of them for a year now. All glofish. They are floating on their sides and at the bottom of the tank. One died already and now the others are doing the same - I did a 75% water change thinking something was wrong with my water. Nothing is improving. When I tested earlier today nothing seemed astray - although im using strips. Please please help. I will be so sad if i lose these fish.

also very weirdly, my roomates fish in a different tank died the same way today!!!
image of fish i lost earlier attached.
videos of fish currently alive attached.
tank is 20 gallons.

Attachments

• 20191230_130311.jpg
    20191230_130311.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 50
it's either poor water quality, chemical poisoning or they are suffocating.

increase aeration.

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for 2 weeks. make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

make sure no fumes, sprays or anything else is used in the room with the fish. make sure you use a clean fish only bucket for the fish.

Last edited:
Yes, fully agreee with Colin.

Usually when you see mass death of fish, it means there is chemical poisoning in the water.

The chemical could have come from your local tap water (eg. too high Chlorine, Chloramine, copper from the heating elements/pipes, etc) or someone had accidentally sprayed some chemical near to the tank and somehow it got into the tank.(insecticide spray, perfume spray, paint spray, etc....).

Or even from the leftover electrical copper wires that dropped into the tank(if there is a new electrical wiring done in your house recently)...

Making large water change will dilute the chemical/toxic in the water as much as possible.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back