Please Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

joshntarri

Reaction score
We recently moved our 8 jellybean and blood parrots to a bigger tank 45 gallon. Our biggest one is a little over 2 inches. I know they stress easily but needed more room. They all squish into one little cave and will not come out. Now they are getting ick. We read to get them dither fish to make them feel safer it was starting to work but now they are sick. we have already done all the treatments, but my question is how do I get them to not all hide in the same cave? Should I take everything out except one big cave they will all fit in? I don't want them to all start fighting again though.. Ugh what do I do?????

How recently did you move the fish? Did you cycle the new tank before adding them or move the old filter media?

Have you tested the water at all?

How recently did you move the fish? Did you cycle the new tank before adding them or move the old filter media?

Have you tested the water at all?
I moved them about a week ago. Tank was cycled and used used old filter media. Tested fine. Water quality is still good.

In that case they may just need more time to settle in, or they migt need even more hiding places. Paradoxically, the more hiding places fish have, the safer they feel and the more they'll come out.

In that case they may just need more time to settle in, or they migt need even more hiding places. Paradoxically, the more hiding places fish have, the safer they feel and the more they'll come out.
They had about 10 spots at least. I think they were just scared such a big tank. Now a few of them have ick so I am doing all that with them now they just have 1 really big hiding spot that they all will fit in. thank you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back