Video Please help whats wrong with my molly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I did about 80% for some reason the water went acidic and dropped supper low. Only thing i did different was i used to dose stability and i bought fluval bacteria enhancer cuz the store ran out of stability. Could that be the cause?
For future reference, I'd strongly advise against pouring stuff into your tanks, unless you know exactly what you're doing and what each substance is. A quick Google search tells me that Stability is a water conditioner. This is intended to neutralise all of those things in our water supply that kill bacteria, such as chlorine, making it safe for us to drink.
I'll also assume that your raw, untreated water from your taps, is unsuitable for your fish...and you swapped 80% of your tank water with this stuff.

There are few things you should be careful never, ever to run out of and I would suggest something like your Stability is one of them.

For future reference, I'd strongly advise against pouring stuff into your tanks, unless you know exactly what you're doing and what each substance is. A quick Google search tells me that Stability is a water conditioner. This is intended to neutralise all of those things in our water supply that kill bacteria, such as chlorine, making it safe for us to drink.
I'll also assume that your raw, untreated water from your taps, is unsuitable for your fish...and you swapped 80% of your tank water with this stuff.

There are few things you should be careful never, ever to run out of and I would suggest something like your Stability is one of them.
Sorry...serves me right for rushing my read... @Pandalover93 is correct.
This then suggests you're adding untreated water to your tank?

Stability is just beneficial bacteria

they recommend to use a bit after every water change or filter cleaning to replace bacteria lost. Stability i never had an an issue with . However fluval is the new product I introduced and im not sure maybe they have a different type of bacteria or something.

could the male die off come from the fact that a female gave birth? And this is some what their way or equalizing the tank??

Although non and i mean NON of the fry survived as far as my knowledge. There might still be a few hiding but non that i could see

Stability is just beneficial bacteria

they recommend to use a bit after every water change or filter cleaning to replace bacteria lost. Stability i never had an an issue with . However fluval is the new product I introduced and im not sure maybe they have a different type of bacteria or something.

could the male die off come from the fact that a female gave birth? And this is some what their way or equalizing the tank??

Although non and i mean NON of the fry survived as far as my knowledge. There might still be a few hiding but non that i could see
As I said, I misread the Google product search.
"...could the male die off come from the fact that a female gave birth? And this is some what their way or equalizing the tank??"

Absolutely NOT!
How would that even work?!?
Your tank either has a disease present, or your water parameters are way off where they should be, currently for reasons unknown...or both. (The two often go hand in hand, where poor water results in stress, which makes fish more susceptible to disease).

For future reference, livebearers will nearly always breed whenever males and females are in the same tank...especially if the water parameters are good. Often, the ladies will drop their babies and you'll never know, because the fry can quickly get eaten by other fish, who simply view them as live food. This can be minimised by having a well-planted tank, where the fry can hide long enough to survive the relative trauma of birth and grow to a size where they aren't obviously food.

Again, is your water properly treated BEFORE it is added to the tank?

Yes! Aside from our tap watrr being nearly close to RO i still use prime before i add the water. Im only having this issue with male molly i have lost 2 and now 3rd seems like hes on the way. All the other fish are happy and healthy. Zebra danios , neon tetra , glofish tetra, plus CAE . All fine just male molly and only the black male molly having this issue either floating or skinning

You don't need to add beneficial filter bacteria after every water change or filter cleaning. That is a sale's ploy to make you spend more money. Once a filter is established, the only way you will kill the filter bacteria is to wash the filter under tap water, turn the filter off for a day or more, let it dry out, or use a disinfectant on it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back