Please help, unexplained fish deaths!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Algae killer killed the fish as well, as Colin said.

Colin told.you the best method for treatment. Raise the temp in the main tank to 86°f for 2 weeks. Gravel clean the substrate every day with that 75% water change. Here is why. The parasite falls off the fish and drifts down into the substrate, where it begins the cycle again. Cleaning the sub every day removes any parasites that fall off the fish. The higher temp speeds up the parasites life cycle.

No salt needed. No algae killers needed (these kill fish usually as well). No medication needed really. Just higher temp and clean them rocks.

There is little point in moving the fish to a second tank and then treating both tanks. The fish may as well stay in the main tank for the treatment - netting them and moving them will only stress them.

Salt is not needed to treat whitespot, only heat.

Okay I will continue with the heat, substrate cleaning and water changes then, started yesterday. Sorry for causing any frustration, keep being told different information from different sources and just want to do what’s best for the fish but I am going to do as has been advised here.
thanks again everyone for your help really appreciate it :)

if you want to read about white spot, see the following link. post #1 and post #16 are worth a read.

--------------------
You don't need to gravel clean the tank every day when treating white spot. I like to do huge water change and gravel clean before increasing the heat. This dilutes the number of parasites in the substrate and water and means there are fewer to infect the fish. After a few days the parasites fall off the fish and sit in the gravel, then hatch after a couple more days and the heat kills the parasites when they are swimming around looking for a host..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back