Please help me

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
FWIW I used the low dose of salt with trilineatus cories for two weeks with no apparent ill effect. After the treatment I changed 10% for unsalted water per day for one week, then 20% for second week to slowly return the water to normal, then did normal 50% water change.
Good luck.

FWIW I used the low dose of salt with trilineatus cories for two weeks with no apparent ill effect. After the treatment I changed 10% for unsalted water per day for one week, then 20% for second week to slowly return the water to normal, then did normal 50% water change.
Good luck.

Exactly what I’ll be doing.

In a couple of hours I watched my albino Cory’s flesh in my OP getting eaten alive. It was horrendous and traumatic.This is something I never want to experience again.. EVER! If Colin has suggested it, I’m happy to do it.

Id never use salt with corydora it can be deadly to them, shouldnt effect the guppies though.
Why are you using salt? Were the fish showing signs of disease/ stress before addition of salt. If so did the addition of salt was the stress in fish increased or decreased?
I treated tank with aquarium salt for ich with cories and neon tetras. Did it for 10 days. Lowered dose just a.bit. Everyone did fine.

Last edited:
Update

I have since lost 3 more fish and decided to move to antibiotics. I have one little guy trying to fight it in a breeder tank with the meds and the rest of the tank is doing fantastic since adding the meds in this morning.Picture of one of my baby cories that I picked up the other week that was in the same filter system as the fish that brought it in. As much as I tried to help him and feed him through a sterile dropper he was one out of my 3 I lost overnight.

Attachments

• 4E0567F2-CC95-4CFA-B42E-F07B95E5749F.jpeg
    4E0567F2-CC95-4CFA-B42E-F07B95E5749F.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 46
I'm so sorry for your losses. :rip:

thanks hun. It was my own stupid fault but as devastating as it is, I’m coming to terms that I have to be grateful that it didn’t wipe my whole tank out. Just lucky I got onto it quickly I suppose. It’s beautiful to see everyone getting around how it originally was before the outbreak.I have one of my albino girls spawning and 2 males playing around with each other as they follow her. The eggs are probably no good with the salt and meds in the tank but that’s okay always next time

Sorry for your fish you lost :( , hope you are alright, hope the rest of the fish will be alright

thank hun, I’m a lot better then what I was this morning.. I was abit of a mess. Like all of us, our fish are like our babies so devastating to watch them go through things like this. I think I may be able to beat this. I’m going to run these antibiotics for the 3 days as it says and then put my active carbon and media etc back in and then do a water change the next day or 2 after. I have emptied the filter as it been such a big hit I don’t need my cycle thrown out so I thought it was the safest thing to do.

So I’m on day 3 of running the tri sulfa and thinks look like they are going back to normal.i did have to cull another 2 fish today which is still devastating but better then 4 days ago when I was losing them in numbers. I have noticed a little bit of flashing here and there again and maybe I need to look at something else for this. I do also have salt in the tank so I’m hoping that’s going to help fight off whatever it is. Any advice would help me.

There are so many reasons for flashing, it may not be part of the disease. Medication in the water could be irritating them. Watch and wait, hopefully it will settle down on it's own.

There are so many reasons for flashing, it may not be part of the disease. Medication in the water could be irritating them. Watch and wait, hopefully it will settle down on it's own.
Thank you, I’m due to water change and put all the media back in the filter tomorrow. I will keep the salt up and hope all will be okay

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back