Please help me with my mollie

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tanya farrell

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I think my mollie might have white spots can someone clarify it for me please ?
If so can I treat her with the treatment whiles she is pregnant?
Is she has it does the other fish and well I have to do the tank ?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    775.4 KB · Views: 188
But I thought fish are meant to flack and rub if they have ich ? She's swimming around in a swims .

Can I use white spot and fungus treatment to get rid of ich ? I looked ich treatment up and it just came up with white spot

What are the other tankmates? Assuming these are also livebearers, all is well...

You have mollys... so ich treatment is fairly simple. Heat and salt.

Mollies can handle salt up to full marine levels, ich cannot. The heat increases the speed of the life cycle of the parasite, and the salt will kill the free swimmers (the only time its truly susceptible to treatment).

http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/Ich
http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_ich2.php

Any chance of be better close up of that fish?

Can you get a pic from above the tank so we are looking down at the fish? those scales look suspiciously like they are pine coning, can't see ich although it would be difficult on a white fish, the white flecking we can see is not ich as it far too uniform in neat rows, those are her scales.

can't see ich although it would be difficult on a white fish, the white flecking we can see is not ich as it far too uniform in neat rows, those are her scales

I agree, Never seen Ich in neat rows like that.

Please stop using medication untill we know whats wrong with the fish.

This is why I want to ask she has it on the other side to , I will take a picture now (try) she has red spots too if you can see it what are there ?

Don't know if you can see anything as she's a swimmer

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    587.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    575 KB · Views: 135
She a dolmation mollie , black and white , I don't get it , why does she have red spots and white spots all small ?

The reddish-orange spots are fairly common on dalmatian molly, it's also a part of their colouration. The white flecking is simply scale iridescence, nothing to worry about.

Both pics are not mine, just ones I found off Google images.
Here's an example of the orange spots:
iu

And the white flecking:
iu

If the spots are ever randomly placed and raised, and she shows signs of irritation, that could be ich.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back