Please Help Me Design A 'scape For My New Tank...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

murph

Reaction score
I'm in the planning stages of my second tank, a 3ft 160l.

My intention is a natural looking 'scape with no Co2 and probably a piece of redmoor (or similar) wood to one side with branches going across the tank.

So far I've decided on a black/beige sand mix and that's about it!

My current 40l tank has a few potential donor plants including an Amazonian Sword, large Dwarf Anubias and a couple of other background plants I'm unsure of the names of. The Anubias is certainly one I'd like to keep so I'm wondering about some more of those for the foreground in addition to lots more Swords as my Gouramis seem to love swimming through them.

I've also got some large pieces of Red/Green Agate rock, but as Aqua Essentials have stopped stocking it I doubt I'll be able to get more for the bigger tank.

I'd love it if some of you could have a go at designing something for me if it's not too much trouble? Budget is not sizeable so I don't want to go 'mad', but equally don't want to spoil the tank for the sake of a few quid. There's so much inspiration around, but all the planted tanks I see and love seem to be Co2 fed and as such, heavily stocked with plants.

I do love this one though :)

aftertrim.jpg

Oh, and this one actually- would save me investing in wood to go down this route too!
b084603d.jpg

Well due to your low budget I'd say lots of crypts, maybe a large sword as your centre piece close to the wood and even throw in some java fern, maybe narrow if you want the sword as the centre piece. In my sig there should be a link to Cuban Delight, have a look it uses all low maintenance plants besides the carpet plant and sounds similar to the layout you described.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back