Please help! Fish dying

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Thanks for this. My fish all seem to be swimming well again now and have had no more deaths since the water change ??. I will bear this in mind next time medication is needed as I presume an overdose is what made the fish die as I used the litres the tank could hold instead of the actual water volume. Thanks for suggesting this, seems obvious now I think about it

You should set up a hospital quarantine tank. You can do this with a clean plastic tote, a heater, and an air stone with an air pump. Take the sick fish out of your community tank, putting them in the tote for medications. Lightly medicate the tank, then increase the medications as needed. While doing this keep a close eye on the fish during medications, to see if they are stressed and if the meds are doing what they are supposed to do.

Thanks for this. My fish all seem to be swimming well again now and have had no more deaths since the water change ??. I will bear this in mind next time medication is needed as I presume an overdose is what made the fish die as I used the litres the tank could hold instead of the actual water volume. Thanks for suggesting this, seems obvious now I think about it

Good to hear that they're doing better! Did that yellow and black molly/possible platy pull through? If you post a new photo, someone can ID what it is.

Water changes can work miracles! Don't know who said it first, but "we don't keep fish, we keep water" is a very true phrase. If the water quality is good, fish health follows from that. When there's a problem, water changes are the first step!

Don't hesitate to post if you have more questions, or just join in some chat about fish! :)

Good to hear that they're doing better! Did that yellow and black molly/possible platy pull through? If you post a new photo, someone can ID what it is.

Water changes can work miracles! Don't know who said it first, but "we don't keep fish, we keep water" is a very true phrase. If the water quality is good, fish health follows from that. When there's a problem, water changes are the first step!

Don't hesitate to post if you have more questions, or just join in some chat about fish! :)
No unfortunately it died the next day :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back