Please Help! Black Skirt Tetra Is Sick.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ButcheR

Reaction score
Hello out there,
I have a 22 gallon tank with 2 neons, 2 black neon, 2 small algae eaters and my black skirt tetra..Anyways, he used swim around alot, but lately hes just been floating. I took a good look at him today and noticed both his eyes are white! and he has tiny pin prick white spots on his fins. I took a water sample to the local pet store, which they tested and said it was perfect. What should I do? I just noticed also that he's not eating....

sounds like ick but you should post some pics and someone who knows better can help you there, how long has your tank been running?did you add new fish to the tank recently? you said the water was "ok" but what were the readings and did the pet store use drops or strip testers?

yupp..sounds like ich to me.. But can u post a pic? don'y really trust pet stores to test ur water for u..get ur own LIQUID drop test kit. paper test strips are not all reliable..anyway other than the white spots, is the fish ok? eating well? if it is ich den by the next few days the other fishes in ur tank would get it too. What i would do is add ich medications, raise the temp abit and add a little aquarium salt..

please post ur water stats and a pic if possible for more accurate diagnostic

yupp..sounds like ich to me.. But can u post a pic? don'y really trust pet stores to test ur water for u..get ur own LIQUID drop test kit. paper test strips are not all reliable..anyway other than the white spots, is the fish ok? eating well? if it is ich den by the next few days the other fishes in ur tank would get it too. What i would do is add ich medications, raise the temp abit and add a little aquarium salt..

please post ur water stats and a pic if possible for more accurate diagnostic

Thanks for the help people, and ill get a pic of the fishy hopefully by tommorrow. As my friend has my camera right now. Next time i will just get the testing done myself, when i took a sample of the water into the fish store, the guy went into the back of the store, when he came out all he said was my water was 'perfect'. Now the thing is , the rest of my fish are fine, i know the fish is older now, cuz hes like 3 inches. Now the spots on his eyes, it looks like hes going blind, :unsure: because when i drop in the food he barely even aknowledges it. I bought some new plants today and hes swimming around a bit again. For the last id say week or so, he just kinda floated near the bottom of the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back