Please give your suggestions...easiest (non-livebearer) fish to spawn

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have bristlenose and guppy’s in a 35 gallon I’m breeding them if I took all the guppy’s out could I breed the electric blue acaras in that tank with the bristlenose
I wouldn't be surprised if that worked out. I haven't bred blue acaras, but they are relatively mellow, so if you have distinct areas for each group, those and then bristlenose might spawn concurrently in that 35. My bristlenose would spawn regardless of what was happening in the rest of the tank. I mainly had mouthbrooders in with them, and it was a large tank, but the breeding was non-stop.

Hello

I would second bristlenose pleco and convict cichlid as the most easy ones to breed!

Long story short, I now have 22 tanks and need to get serious about trying to make some monthly income from my hobby.
I would forget about this. There is no real money to be made with small setups, except if you get water, energy and food for free and breed some pricy fish species.

@Chasing fish could already be knee deep in fry with the age of the thread.
I'll share some experiences breeding fish for sale, and let people think about them.

First off, there must be a local demand for the fish you sell. The hobby is going through a period of willful ignorance right now, and there is very little interest in anything unfamiliar. But at the same time, the familiar is covered and you can't match Singapore prices and expect to have some spending money.

You need something almost the same as something familiar. Since most familiar fish are easy to breed, or the farms wouldn't sell them so cheaply, you have options. I've gotten good prices for large Ancistrus, with the downside that raising them takes time. My tank of boesemani Aytinjo young will go out soon, and because their colours are stronger than the half turnip ones in the stores, I'll get a pile of fish food out of that deal.

Where you get killed money-wise is convicts (which have to be grown out), or jewels (same). Guppies have to be really special and cheap. Any fry you sell are feeders to a store. They can't hold them for growing time. You are in charge of that as a seller. Really rare and obscure fish come up against the wall of no curiosity that is big now.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back