Please enjoy my canister Sunsun 304b story/nightmare

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DGJ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So my Sunsun 304b filter arrived whilst I was at work! I spent the evening eye balling it whilst having dinner with the family! Cue baby bed time and at 9.30pm this evening I decide I will quickly set up the filter before going to bed at 10!

Unbox and watch 5 youtube videos to work out how to stack the media, decide not to watch the end of the videos to see how to connect the hoses as how hard can it be? Stick them on and away you go!

So all going swimmingly, stick it on the Trigon, inlet pipe stuck on, spray bar fitted, canister snugly into the cabinet.

Now I start priming! pumping, pumping pumping for about 30 mins! sweaty and exhausted and pretty furious I start googling what could be wrong, I go back and suck the inlet to start the flow, few mouthfuls of tank water and 3o more minutes of priming!!!

Stand up, exhausted and upset at my failure, lean against the cabinet and all the wedding and family pictures come flying off the top and smash!!! Wonderful! Very small but very real 38 year old man tantrum!

Quick lightbulb moment! Surely I'm not stupid enough to have the hoses on the wrong pipes! Quick check and yes I am!

Change over, 12 primes later and 5 minutes later and the filter is fully up and running!

When in doubt, read the directions! ha ha (I'm laughing in sympathy; I've had far too many similar experiences to begin recounting) I've had very good results with sunsun filters, though, once I get the things running. They aren't the easiest to prime, but it's hard to argue with the price!

I have another one getting delivered tomorrow to go onto my 60 gallon that I am just about to set up so hopefully I will have learned from my mistake and it should be very plane sailing!!!! :) :)

It's been on about an hour and the water is looking clearer and the goldfish are loving the extra surface agitation and water flow from the spray bar!

Did you burp the canister for trapped air? Lean it one way and the other while patting it on the side to help release trapped air.

• Haha
Reactions: DGJ
Did you burp the canister for trapped air? Lean it one way and the other while patting it on the side to help release trapped air.
Just make sure you put a diaper over your shoulder so it doesn't soil your shirt.

This is a joke. Don't really burp your canister filter on your shoulder. Do it as Utar described.

Most reactions

trending

Back