Please can someone identify this green intruder

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Me....the resident plant killer...trim a plant?

I think I shall pass on that....having a living plant actually growing is enough for me not to tamper with it.....it has volunteered to live there and although it did not ask permission first...it can stay and live untouched by human hand (I can't confirm that it will be left alone by the fish though cos they never listen to me when I ask them to do anything or to behave themselves)
Lol. Yah I wouldn't trim it...

Me....the resident plant killer...trim a plant?

I think I shall pass on that....having a living plant actually growing is enough for me not to tamper with it.....it has volunteered to live there and although it did not ask permission first...it can stay and live untouched by human hand (I can't confirm that it will be left alone by the fish though cos they never listen to me when I ask them to do anything or to behave themselves)
You might have to trim at some point lol 🤣 because it will just keep sending leaves up to the surface.
Screenshot_20220627-184809_Chrome.jpg

My green lotus use to send 2 pads up a week so i just cut 2 of the older leaves off once they reached the surface.

Just a case of trimming at the bottom of the vine

Touchy plants I had a seemingly thriving plant just one day decided to shut down and in days it was dead. Its stem had shriveled when pulled on it..just faded away.
Best for Co2 or high light,high iron low tech tanks. I had close,but not close enough I guess.

My Java ferns just dislike me 🤣

Have you killed it yet?

Do you think it's because you use bottled water? I'm assuming it doesn't have as many minerals etc like tap water does? Or does it 🤔 🤷‍♀️

Post a pic so we can see it's progress!

Bottled mineral water is fine for the fish, its pretty much bombproof in that it never changes....whereas tapwater can depending on source that the water company chooses at any given time, pipe flushing, roadworks etc

Not a great pic but good enough to show the greenery amongst the artificial greenery...and one of the Rams decided to enter the fray as well...one of the vandals is also lurking too

IMG_20220819_091954_resized_20220819_092021774.jpg

I wasn't insinuating that your water wasn't fine for the fish, considering the breeding going on I wish I could do the same. I just wondered why you're so good at killing plants!

I wasn't insinuating that your water wasn't fine for the fish, considering the breeding going on I wish I could do the same. I just wondered why you're so good at killing plants!
Houseplants die too....I spent hundreds on them a couple years ago, read up on how to care for them properly, even got allegedly unkillable ones....and they died within a few months

Outside I am brilliant at killing the weeds that the council miss when they cut the communal grass....I have a mummified thistle right outside the back door....it is now my extra security cos it grabs anything and everything that comes too close to the door. I quite like wild thistles so had been feeding it....but it died and is now a very tall brown spiky pole.

I am not spending/wasting money on plants if they are just going to die on me and that goes for the aquarium ones too. Just not worth it. I don't have money to throw at things like that and tbh, they don't look any different to the silicone ones, they act the same, the fish swim through and round the artificial ones....just not into it. End of story really.

Artificial works for me, its better value, doesn't harm the fish or cause any issues for them or me. I refuse to waste money on live plants when they are absolutely not necessary.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back