Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Timbobby

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The blue tray hold mech filtration. Right now it is holding filter floss, but I'm thinking of switching to a sponge. I think a sponge may be easier to reuse over and over when it needs to be cleaned. There is plenty of room there so I may use both sponge and floss so I can have the floss to use if I want to start a new tank, it should have some beneficial bacteria on it. I don't know why I am thinking of starting a new tank when this one is barely 2 months old. Fishkeeping is a helluva drug.
If you haven't already, look at using poly-fiber quilt batting for floss, dirt cheap. Wal-mart or Hobby Lobby. I use it my AquaClear 110. Toss it when dirty. You probably already have tons of other bio media so a sponge is not required (if that is your preference)

If you haven't already, look at using poly-fiber quilt batting for floss, dirt cheap. Wal-mart or Hobby Lobby. I use it my AquaClear 110. Toss it when dirty. You probably already have tons of other bio media so a sponge is not required (if that is your preference)
I don't have a preference. My friend I got the used tank from had some of the blue/white polyfiber to go with it, so I have been replacing it with the same. I rinse it out and reuse it, but I can only reuse it a couple times before it gets too thin to use anymore. That's the only reason I was thinking sponge, it might last longer, but I just got 7ft of poly-fiber so I've got plenty of filter for a while.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to TFF. You've got some nice looking pearl gouramis overthere...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back