Play sand questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Salty&Onion

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Which play sand is safe for my tank? :

Which of them is safe? And which of them will make 6cm of height for my amazon swords, dimensions 80cm length and 35cm width?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would personally look for the Quickrite brand. Thats what I use and thats what a lot of people use. You can see the color of it, in my 29g tank. (In the TOTM contest thread)

This one's safe? I did have it mentioned above and is cheap so I'll get the one today. My tank has a lenght of 80cm and width of 35cm, do you think if 15kg of sand would make 6cm height of sand in the tank?

He uses Quickrite sand as well.

The Argos sand @essjay mentioned works just as well. (Although I like the color of the Quickrite stuff better)
Do you think if 15kg of sand will make 6cm of layer of sand in a 80x35cm tank? It'll be for my amazon swords.

I hadn't noticed that one of your Ebay links was for Argos' Ebay shop! You can get it from Argos itself as well.
Quickrite sand isn't sold in the UK. The usual brands are from Argos or B & Q, though B & Q only seem to have various types of building sand on their website at the moment.

To be honest, I don't know how much you need. I can't remember the weight of the bag of sand I used (it wasn't play sand but a make I got from a fish shop)

I hadn't noticed that one of your Ebay links was for Argos' Ebay shop! You can get it from Argos itself as well.
Quickrite sand isn't sold in the UK. The usual brands are from Argos or B & Q, though B & Q only seem to have various types of building sand on their website at the moment.

To be honest, I don't know how much you need. I can't remember the weight of the bag of sand I used (it wasn't play sand but a make I got from a fish shop)
Hopefully 15kg og Argos sand shoulf be enough. I already have 2kg of sand in my tank

I think you will need some soil underneath it for the amazon swords, mine is doing very well with 2” of soil and 1” of sand on top.

Do you think if 15kg of sand will make 6cm of layer of sand in a 80x35cm tank? It'll be for my amazon swords.
I'm not 100% sure... there are a lot of calculators that can tell you. (Just search the web for them)

I think you will need some soil underneath it for the amazon swords, mine is doing very well with 2” of soil and 1” of sand on top.
No need for soil. The sand will be able to grow them. And if they need more nutrients, I suggest root tabs, not soil.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back