Platys And Gold Fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ihasanzongi

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have moved my pond fish into my 50 gallon(just common goldfish has i clean and redo my pond) and i have put one goldfish in my 10 bc he has been nipped and cut up my some cat that likes my backyard :blink: :crazy: i have just moved my platys into the 50 gallon with the goldfish has the one that has been cut is going to get meds and its cheap to do it in a small tank as you all know. there is about 7 4inch goldfish in my 50 gallon (this is just temp will be moved back to the pond within a week). but to my question my platy is looking pretty fat..i think shes going to drop her offsprings soon. i have a feeling the goldfish will eat them, and if i put her in the 10 gallon that goldfish will eat them..what should i do? i want to keep all of her offsprings for my 50 as freeders for my bichir once it comes in. and that brings me to another question. what would u use as freeders im only going to use them as a treat and when they first get it so they will eat a meal. platys or guppys? thanks for the imput :rolleyes:

platys are tropical so they cant go into a coldwater setup with your goldfish and yes it would eat them anyway.

Im not commenting on the feeders cos i dont agree with it :good:

platys are tropical so they cant go into a coldwater setup with your goldfish and yes it would eat them anyway.

Im not commenting on the feeders cos i dont agree with it :good:
the goldfish are till my pond has water in it again, i am redoing the rockwork around it so that it is gose half into it. they are prolly going back out monday.

and for the feeder its only for a treat, and when they frist come in so they will eat something. :good: its only goign to be ones a month or so that i will feed them live food.

be careful with goldies they will eat anything that fits in there mouth including adult platies keep a close eye on them temp may be ok as long as you get them out asap. where were the platies before you put them in the 50?

Platys can go into a cold water set up as long as the water is room temperature, my platies were in a cold water setup for 6 months with a gold fish and were fine, its only recently that the heater has gone in once i removed the goldfish and this has had no change to them whatsoever, however i do agree with the fact that the goldfish will eat the fry

xx

be careful with goldies they will eat anything that fits in there mouth including adult platies keep a close eye on them temp may be ok as long as you get them out asap. where were the platies before you put them in the 50?

the platys where in the 10 gallon the three had it all to themselfs.

Edit : the pond will have water in it on monday so they will be out by 10:00 :)

If you have very warm summers, you can often put tropical fish into a non heated tank, sometimes outside. This is not to say that this is good for the tropicals as keeping at less than ideal temperatures will shorten lifespan of the fish. The same goes for putting Goldfish into tropical conditions.

A heater is always recommended tropicals, because the temperature swings from day and night are generally more than the fish normally see in their environments, which does cause stress on the fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back