Platycephalus Indicus @ Wildwoods

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nmonks

A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from
Reaction score
For those that haven't been to Wildwoods in a while, they have some good stuff at the moment, including Platycephalus indicus. This is a lizard-like fish with a gigantic mouth (think: monkfish) and an attractively marked tail fin. Wild fish are commonly 80+ cm in length, and apparently 50 cm after just two years. They are solitary ambush predators (no surprise, really).

Other brackish stock includes the sleeper Bostrychus zonatus, the pike-conger Congresox talabanoides, the puffer Takifugu oblongus, and Neovespicula depressifrons. The Congresox talabanoides are interesting and very lively, and by all accounts settle into aquarium life very well. Some specimens have been at Wildwoods for six months, and they're still bright and healthy little fish. They seem to be sociable and should make a nice alternative to moray eels. I've got a picture, here.

Cheers, Neale

What size are they? I had a pair at one point, that mysteriously died. I wasn't helped much by the lack of inof on the net about them at the time, i was working on guess work and fishbase really.

Looks like the sort of fish Rex Hunt was catching on his shows a lot 'flat heads'.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back