Platy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Matty24

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Any ideas on what's going on with this platy seemed fine yesterday all the other fish are acting as normal hes is still eating just seems he has a swim bladder problem maybe?

cheers

Loops like it to me. Try not fee
Any ideas on what's going on with this platy seemed fine yesterday all the other fish are acting as normal hes is still eating just seems he has a swim bladder problem maybe?

cheers
Looks like it to me. Try not feeding for a few days. Over feeding can push on their swim bladders and they lose float control.

the fish is dying, euthanise it.

move the trap further away from the glass so the other fish don't get caught behind it.

the fish is dying, euthanise it.

move the trap further away from the glass so the other fish don't get caught behind it.
Is there any kind of reason to why a healthy fish can just turn like that over night? I've tested and my water parameters are all 0 just quality of fish?

Is there any kind of reason to why a healthy fish can just turn like that over night? I've tested and my water parameters are all 0 just quality of fish?

I'm suspecting it's more to do with his brain than his swim bladder. One of my blue platies was a lot like this after I transferred him to a new tank. All the other fish handled the move just fine, even really elderly tetra, but the one year old platy was struggling like that right after the transfer. I suspect he whacked his head or something while trying to evade the net and did some brain damage. An infection in the brain could also move fast.

I think he's dying too and would euthanise to prevent further suffering. My platy struggled for a few days, still trying to eat and everything, but day three I found him on the substrate flipping and curling like one of those kids toy fish that curl up due to the warmth of your hand. Had to euthanise him then. Really sorry dude.
You have some beautiful fish in the background, love that black molly especially.

Usually an internal problem, maybe organ failure caused by a disease. It's hard to say without doing a necropsy (fish autopsy). Generally when a fish can't stay upright and stops eating, it's time to euthanise.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back