Platy With White Poop..and Guppy Problem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ny2oz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've posted before about Ick, some of you might recognize, but the Ick symptoms have subsided, but I will treat for a few more days. But, since I first added this guppy, it always follows my platy around,goes by it...and almost twists its body while fanning its tail, and it's fins go faster toward the platy. I don't know if this is a sign of mating, or aggression...no physical damage. THe platy seems to "hide" now from this guppy...and the past 2 or 3 days the platy has white stringish poop....anything off the top of what this can be...i'm assuming they are separate issues but if anyone can shed light...thanks.

My guess its a type of bacteria in it?! i think i had one and seperated it just in case..

Male guppys only have one thing on there mind lol.

Long stringy white poo can be consitpation, bacterial infections, internal parasites.

What do you feed the fish?
Does the fish look skinny or bloated.
Is the anus enlarged or red and inflamed.
Is the belly sunken in.
As signs of worms prutruding from the anus.
Is the spine bending.

How many gallons or lites is the tank.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

Male guppys only have one thing on there mind lol.

Long stringy white poo can be consitpation, bacterial infections, internal parasites.

What do you feed the fish?
tropical flakes...but occasionally I do throw some frozen blood worms in there...he still eats fine though
Does the fish look skinny or bloated.
no..he looks fine
Is the anus enlarged or red and inflamed.
nope
Is the belly sunken in.
nope
As signs of worms prutruding from the anus.
Definitely not
Is the spine bending.
no
How many gallons or lites is the tank.
36 US gallons
How many fish and which type.
full stocked. 5 tetras, 3 corys. 1 other platy, 1 molly, 3 bosemani Rainbows, and 3 guppies.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.
Everything is normal range.

Youre the second person to suggest the male guppy is "interested" in the huge platy...lol. Only thing is, I am just finishing up treating the tank for Ick...I lost a couple of fish, but I raised the temp, which I am daily lowering it a little, and have today and tomorrow to treat before I do a 50% water change and things will be normal. Unfortunatly, the Ick hit only3 or 4 days after I transered someof these fish including the platy from a 12 gallon to this 36. COuld it just be the too warm temp (I had at 86 for the treatment), and the stress of it all?

male guppys will try and mate with anything.

Need to improve the fish diet with more frozen foods like brime shrimp and veg.

Cook some frozen peas for a few minutes. Let cool down and pop out of shell, mush into small pieces and add to the tank.
If that dosn't clear the stringy white poo up get back to the board.

male guppys will try and mate with anything.

Need to improve the fish diet with more frozen foods like brime shrimp and veg.

Cook some frozen peas for a few minutes. Let cool down and pop out of shell, mush into small pieces and add to the tank.
If that dosn't clear the stringy white poo up get back to the board.

I will try that in the next couple of days, thanks. Already though I saw his poop making an improvement to almost "normal" color and consistency.thanks again

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back