Platy struggling to swim and is belly up

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rca.myworld

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been having issues with this said platy. Now it's getting worst.
Water parameters are all OK.
I have now give her a swim bladder medicine from NT Labs 2 doses without any affect.
Have given her easy life voogle, no effect. Have given Interpret internal bacteria and there is no change. This is not done altogether and there is space of 7 days between each sepearte medicine plus 75-80% water change. I have tried giving her salt water bath but that also doesn't work
I have shared the picture, there is no option to share video. Is there anything I can do? I have done 3 days fast and give her boiled peas on 4th but that doesn't work either.
Please help.

Thanks
1614257768821.jpg

Last edited:
What size tank is the fish in?
What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?
How long has the tank been set up? Is it cycled? Any other fish in the tank?

Looks like she's on her way out, I'm sorry. But she's been like this for weeks through all these treatments?
Need some more info please since we can't see the tank and fish in person, and we need some hard numbers. If you could copy/paste the list of questions below and fill out the answers, could help us pinpoint what happened and see if there's a problem in the tank that needs remedying. You mentioned video, I'm afraid the video function doesn't work here, but if you upload the video to youtube and copy paste the link here, people can watch the video there.

Tank size:
tank age:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

What size tank is the fish in?
What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?
How long has the tank been set up? Is it cycled? Any other fish in the tank?
Thanks. The tank is 28 litres. The tank is cycled as its running since last year June. There are 3 other platys plus one guppy and one dino.
Looks like she's on her way out, I'm sorry. But she's been like this for weeks through all these treatments?
Need some more info please since we can't see the tank and fish in person, and we need some hard numbers. If you could copy/paste the list of questions below and fill out the answers, could help us pinpoint what happened and see if there's a problem in the tank that needs remedying. You mentioned video, I'm afraid the video function doesn't work here, but if you upload the video to youtube and copy paste the link here, people can watch the video there.

Tank size:
tank age:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):
Here it is:
Tank Size: 28 litres
Tank age: nearly 9 months.
Ammonia - 0 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate - 80 ppm
GH - 60 ppm
KH - 80 ppm
water temp: 23-24
PH: 7.5

Since the day I brought these fish, she always like to sit at the bottom. Since I was a newbie I thought it's an Ok behaviour.
She is then transferred with others to a 80 litre planted tank in July last year and she was OK. Last year december she started developing fin rot and mouth fungus and was heavily pregnant so I have taken her out of that tank, put her in this one and gave her Interpret anti fungus and fin rot.
That diease is gone but after giving birth to frys, she started opening and closing her mouth and started swiming a bit differnt like on the side. It then got really bad and she was nose down at one point.
I then put her in salt bath for 30 minutes and then gave her Anti internal bacteria. It worked and she recovered but started swiming mostly with head up and tail down i.e .90 degrees. I thought this will rectify by itself however after sometime she started struggling whenever I change water so going sideways and struggling.
After that I have done 3 days fast with feeding peas but no luck and then I bought Anti swim bladder and gave her that, she is really in a bad state after that, struggling to swim and staying like this.

I do weekly water change, 50% most of the time. I clean the gravel, clean the filter itself (in the tank water). No chemical. I have bio media and sponges and there is a sponge on the intake.
No addition.
Anything else I can do? I am hoping if I can save her somehow, this is my favourtie fish.

Do you use a water conditioner?

Sorry forgot to say but it's been nearly 4-5 days she is like this. She is still trying to swim but only sideways and trying to eat like this. She hates isolation so whenever I have put it in breeding box she goes up and try to get out of it and one time when the lid is not there she did get out.

Yes, and Seachem prime is the best...no need to add the bacteria to a cycled tank, however, that's just wasting $.

Could be a number of things with the fish, but it does not look good, sorry to say.

Yes, and Seachem prime is the best...no need to add the bacteria to a cycled tank, however, that's just wasting $.

Could be a number of things with the fish, but it does not look good, sorry to say.
Shall I use salt bath again to see? Last time I put her in 5 litres of water with 4 teaspoon of aquarium salt for 30 mintues and she recovered! Is there any medicine? Is this a swimbladder issue which is either damaged or gone completely!

The gills look inflamed, or even burned, but I'm no fish disease expert.

@Colin_T, have a look, please

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back