Platy staying on bottom of tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Liz229

Reaction score
Hi. I am needing help and advice regarding my female platy Megs. Last Thursday I had to remove her from my bigger tank as she was just sitting on bottom of tank and breathing really fast... I put her smaller tank. She is not eating, nor swimming. Breathing is more controlled. When she does try to swim she will swim up and swims a little but then just lets herself sink down to the bottom again.

can you advise your water parameters as a starting point. Namely ammonia and nitrite?

how big is the tank and what is in it?

it could be an illness or something as simple as she is about to have babies.

can you advise your water parameters as a starting point. Namely ammonia and nitrite?

how big is the tank and what is in it?
She was in 105 litre tank. I have Male platy, 5 neons, 3 silvertips and 3 Male Guppies. I have moved her into a small starter tank in which I have her first set of babies. It’s only about 10 litre tank, todays water test for it is
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Ph 7.4
She was in hiding for a few days before she came out last Thursday. After I moved her out of the big tank last thrusday I tested the water in it and ammonia was 0.25 nitrites 0 nitrate 0. I have been doing small daily water changes on it since and ammonia and nitrite are both 0 now.

I got her in April and she gave birth in early August and again about 3 weeks ago. She no longer looks pregnant.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back