Platy spinning around

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
With that many fish in a 100 litre/26 gallon tank, you need to do bigger water changes more often - at least 50% every week.

The filter media should not be changed, just washed in water taken out during the water change.

Are you aware that koi carp are huge fish and need to be in a pond?
I have euthanized the platy :sad:

The koi carp is roughly 3 inches in size and I was told that its growth is very slow... he encouraged me to buy more. I forgot to mention that I have 6 zebrafishes in the task as well... There are in T1...

The filter media is a bio wool kind.... when I see it back I usually get rid of it and place a new one.... Now that I know what to be done.

I have another smaller 20 litres tank with below.... The vendor wanted to put 10 to 15 fishes in this. "T2.jpeg" attached
Dwarf Gourami - 2
Silver Shark - 3
Angel Fish - 2
White Molly - 1

Somehow the water looks clear in both... I haven't check for ammonia or nitrate levels... I have ordered JBL test strips from Amazon

I use anti-chlorine every time I change the water and I make sure the temperature is somewhere between 25 to 28 before refilling the tank. At times I use ice cubes to bring the temperature down coz here in Dubai, the tap water is boiling hot.

Unfortunately, the seller doesn't take the fish back in case it's overcrowded... I will miss them 😢

All suggestions are welcome...

EDIT: I had another Black Molly and Dwarf Neon Rainbow in the bigger tank that disappeared without any trace.....

Attachments

• T1.jpeg
    T1.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 65
  • T2.jpeg
    T2.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I have euthanized the platy
Respectful gesture 👌

Split up with every : Koi, silver shark, Angelfishes, they grow BIG and fast !
I haven't check for ammonia or nitrate levels...
🤪😠
20 litres tank with below.... The vendor wanted to put 10 to 15 fishes in this. "T2.jpeg" attached
Dwarf Gourami - 2
Silver Shark - 3
Angel Fish - 2
White Molly - 1
😱😱
Empty this tank and hold it for shrimps only or 1 Betta or 1 pair of Killi.

Edit : never ever trust vendors !

Last edited:
I have another smaller 20 litres tank with below.... The vendor wanted to put 10 to 15 fishes in this. "T2.jpeg" attached
Dwarf Gourami - 2
Silver Shark - 3
Angel Fish - 2
White Molly - 1
The vendor is an idiot who is giving you bad advice. Silver sharks can reach 12 inches in length and regularly hit 5-6 inches. Angelfish and mollies also grow too big for a 20 litre tank. Minimum size tank for angelfish is 3 foot long. Minimum size tank for normal mollies (Poecilia sphenops) is 30 inches long, and 3 foot long for sailfin mollies (P. velifera or latipinna).

Your tanks are overcrowded and diseases could be an issue in the future due to the lack of space. Ether get bigger tanks or rehome some of the fish.

Perhaps contact your department of consumer protection and tell them the shop advised you badly (putting too many fish in small tanks and putting species that grow big, into small tanks) and is refusing to take the fish back. They should not have sold you some of the fish because they are not suitable for the tank size.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back