Platy Miscarriage?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

StarfireGraves

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ello,

I was just wondering what to look for. I have never seen it happen and am just wondering what happens when a platy has a miscarriage.

Hugs and Smiles,
~starfire

I don't think it happens a lot, only when it's under a lot of stress

Sometimes they don't want to have the babies and could abort them.  They can fall out or she can reabsorb them.  They probably know the tank isn't safe, or she could just have a long gestation. I had a guppy that had a 2 1/2 month gestation, while her daughter only had 1 month. It just depends. 
What other fish do you have with her? 

In some cases ive heard platys can last as long as 3 months without having the fry, it's usually 1 month though

bluesword23516 said:
Sometimes they don't want to have the babies and could abort them.  They can fall out or she can reabsorb them.  They probably know the tank isn't safe, or she could just have a long gestation. I had a guppy that had a 2 1/2 month gestation, while her daughter only had 1 month. It just depends. 
What other fish do you have with her? 
Im not worried about it I was just wondering haha XD But I have 2 in a nursery tank and 2 with a male in a 10 gallon
Antoniakr said:
In some cases ive heard platys can last as long as 3 months without having the fry, it's usually 1 month though
I have herd that as well. Oh and in my other topic, platy emergency, I got some pictures finally if you wanna look.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back