Platy Fry

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

~heidi~

Reaction score
My Platy mama had her babies today.
smile.png
  Thought I would share this cute pic for anyone who wo uld like to see...
Thank you for looking.

Attachments

• PlatyFry.jpg
    PlatyFry.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 74
How did you manage to get a decent picture.
Mine had her fry two weeks ago and I still can't get a good one.

I take about 40 pictures just to manage a couple decent ones of fry.  LOL

The benefits of digital photography!!!!

LOL. Me too. I took a of bunch of pics and found one that sort of came out.. lol

I use the close up setting with the flash and I sometimes I get lucky and get a pic thats not too blurry...

Congratulations!  How many fry are there? How are they doing? I see that you have just left them in tank with the mother, I thought people quite often took them out and put them some place safer like a breeding net.

ten_roses said:
Congratulations!  How many fry are there? How are they doing? I see that you have just left them in tank with the mother, I thought people quite often took them out and put them some place safer like a breeding net.
People often do remove them, but in most cases they're best left in the main tank, where there's more room for them to grow and a cycled filter. Some babies do get eaten, but they have so many fry, you'll still run out of room.

Oh I see, as long as some fry will still survive thats brilliant

Hi, Thanx for the congrats! I think there are about 20 babies in there.  I moved  the babies to my fry tank. I have a few guppy fry in there with my platies. Platy babies turned 2 weeks old yesterday!  :)  I am going to post a new pic later today. I am just loving watching them!

Congrats! They are adorable! Mines don't come out of hiding :( 

Thank you!! I have that problem in my big tank too. In my fry tank they all come out at feeding time so I am usually able to get a few pics.
smile.png

The fish in your sig is beautiful!

Aww I love when they come out to play it's so cute watching them. 

Thanks, he died unfortunately :(

I have just recently had 2 platy fry. They are orange in colour with the black markings on their tales. They have just started coming out of hiding and swimming with the other fish. I have kept mines in the main tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back