Platy fry tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I turned my shrimp/plant tank into a platy fry tank. I had one ghost shrimp left and decided to place George and Martha a pair of platys I just bought into it for QT. The next morning I was vacuuming the tank and doing a water change when I spotted a fry. I found 6 more in the dirty water bucket. I caught 2 more and placed them in a fry net. Later I saw 5 more swimming around in the tank. I have been watching and the adults have chased but not eaten the fry. I decided to move the adults and let the fry go from the fry net so now I have at least 13 platy fry in my 30 gallon tank. I was planing on redoing the tank and replacing the gravel with sand and a spong fillet instead of the UGF but now I guess I will have to wait on the fry to grow. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• GEDC1416.JPG
    GEDC1416.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DCP00606.JPG
    DCP00606.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DCP00616.JPG
    DCP00616.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DCP00617.JPG
    DCP00617.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 70
Looks cool the way it seems to form part of the landscape.
Thanks, I have a background for the tank but decided to let the sun shine in for the plants. When the adults were in the tank the fry mostly stayed very close to the bottom but now they are going up into the floating anacharis.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back