FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LiizFish

Reaction score
Hello, I have a single platy fry in my 10 gallon tank with one mystery snail and a bladder snail. She's been in this tank a little over a week and was born on February 27. We moved her to my tank from our 36 gallon tank because we feared she might get eaten.

Since the move, she doesn't seem to have grown at all, but the other platy fry that is still in the 36 gallon tank is at least twice as big.

Why isn't she growing?

We did a water change yesterday and the water parameters are fine.

What have you been feeding the lone fry and how many feedings a day? How often are you changing the water and how much? Is the tank cycled, filtered, and what temp is it?

Fry need 2 things, high nutrient foods and water changes. Generally, the larger the tank and the more often they are fed the faster they grow.

What have you been feeding the lone fry and how many feedings a day? How often are you changing the water and how much? Is the tank cycled, filtered, and what temp is it?

Fry need 2 things, high nutrient foods and water changes. Generally, the larger the tank and the more often they are fed the faster they grow.

She gets fish flakes about 4 to five times a day. We only did the first water change two days ago and 25% of the water. The tank has been going a little more than a week, is heated and filtered. The temperature is 77 degrees f.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back