Platy fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sandy123

Reaction score
I think my platy are not well they look red in places help please only put in there so I could see them better went straight back in tank

Attachments

• 20220405_212046.jpg
    20220405_212046.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 19
Hello. What are the test results for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Hi can't do ammonia till tomorrow I get test nitrite 0 nitrate 25 have done filter clean a half change water yesterday

Hi Sandy,
Your results for nitrite (great) and nitrate (slightly too high but not the issue here) were posted, still waiting on ammonia. It is great that you did a big water change yesterday or the day before. If you are still waiting for the ammonia results then do another big water change today, And post the ammonia results as soon as you have them.
If the ammonia is high that will be the issue. If not, and the water changes are not helping, we might need another photo. I can see the pink gill area on your platies which could be their normal colouring. Has this always been there? Are there other red areas?

Hi Sandy,
Your results for nitrite (great) and nitrate (slightly too high but not the issue here) were posted, still waiting on ammonia. It is great that you did a big water change yesterday or the day before. If you are still waiting for the ammonia results then do another big water change today, And post the ammonia results as soon as you have them.
If the ammonia is high that will be the issue. If not, and the water changes are not helping, we might need another photo. I can see the pink gill area on your platies which could be their normal colouring. Has this always been there? Are there other red areas?
Hi they seem all ok ammonia was ok I have put salt in as they thought it could be stress all fish seem ok will be cleaning it tomorrow thanks for your reply

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back