Platinum RP

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Pricey95

Reaction score
Just had my 4th load of fry now of the HRP. Upon 2 months in the tank I see 3 put of 40 are jet white. The rest have their markings and colour. Could this be platinum?
Out if about 300 fry I've delt with I've never seen platinum mutation.

First picture you see is a standard HRP and the other seems to have no pigment.. I could be wrong though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-111350_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-111350_Gallery.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_20210504-111420_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-111420_Gallery.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 118
not sure what hrp is, but i think it's either stress or just coloration, somebody (another forum) has total white hrps
1620140393724.png

yes if there are the right genotypes
I have no idea if they're the right genotype.
Out of all the fish I've bred, never had any whites come out. Find it strange how all the other fry are patterned up yet these two aren't. I could be completely wrong and they just haven't colourd up yet. Time will tell I guess.

By HRP I'm assuming you are referring to a Honduran Red Point? If so, this belongs in the New World Cichlid areas as HRPs are not hybrids.

Since they are so closely related to Convict Cichlids, I would image that these HRPs may be throwing some pink ones naturally. Albino's happen in the wild somewhat often, they just usually die.

By HRP I'm assuming you are referring to a Honduran Red Point? If so, this belongs in the New World Cichlid areas as HRPs are not hybrids.

Since they are so closely related to Convict Cichlids, I would image that these HRPs may be throwing some pink ones naturally. Albino's happen in the wild somewhat often, they just usually die.
Thanks for the response.
Yeah so they won't be platinum then

Just found it strange as they're getting pretty decent size now and three put of 50 are completely white.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back