Platies Have Clamped Fins?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OK.
Just needed to rule out internal parasites as they can sometimes flick and rub, also show sign of darting.

All you can do now is just keep a close eye out for signs of external parasites.

They do dart around sometimes... but not all of them, and they don't do it for very long.
So should I not get any anti-parasite medicated food? Or do you think it might be a good idea, just in case?

If you do buy a internal wormer make sure it's for camallanus worms. I would maybe hold off using the internal wormer for the next few days to make sure the fish don't have an external parasite.
Keep a look out for tiny bubbles on fish, as this sometimes mean the fish is about to break out in whitespot.

If you do buy a internal wormer make sure it's for camallanus worms. I would maybe hold off using the internal wormer for the next few days to make sure the fish don't have an external parasite.
Keep a look out for tiny bubbles on fish, as this sometimes mean the fish is about to break out in whitespot.

Okay, thank you very much! :) I'll keep an eye out for any bubbles or other external parasites.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back