Plants without co2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mikeadelle

Reaction score
I have a tank which is two years old, but the question that alway come back to haunt me is which of my plants really need co2. I have at present the Carbo plus co2 system which I'm not to sure about its worth in my tank which is a big tank, 42*15*24 the fitler system is a three foot sump, but my feeling is that a little co2 is probably better than none at all.

The plants I have at present and which seem to be doing well apart from a little dark algae on the Echinodorus Bleheri. So my question is which plants are the best to buy if your tank has little of no co2.

The plants I have at present are: Hygrophila Corymbosa "Siamensis." Echinodrus Bleheri. Bacopa Caroliniana. There are also Java Fern and moss balls. :sick:

I don't think CO2 is a need it's more of a "it's a cool gadget so I must need it". I have 3 planted tanks up and running currently. Only one of these has a CO2 system. It grows like gang busters. The other two don't and it takes a bit longer to get the jungle look with out it. My take on the whole CO2 thing is.....if you have it great if not and the plants are growing and doing fine other wise, you don't need it. Co2 tends to take the tank into the relm of High tech. Once you start adding the amount that your tank actually needs you start needing more lights, different plants, bottled trace elements, this and that (the list goes on). However this is not always the case. Basically what CO2 does is promote better growth and if it's not in ballance with everything else it promotes algae like there's no tomorrow. To answer your question, no you don't need CO2, but CO2 can help with the growth. Rose

What about that liquid co2 stuff thats in the droppers? Ive seen some on ebay. Does that work?

Not sure what your talking about really but Seachem has liquid CO2 for plants. I use that as well as DIY CO2. Yes it does work in my oppinion. I noticed a my plants getting greener when I first started to use it. They started to grow better as well. The growth isn't as fast as DIY CO2 or the canister CO2, not as slow as not having any CO2 either. It's a good in between the two. Rose

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back