Plants when to add them

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

whacky

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am setting up a planted tank for angels, and i was wondering wether its better to add all the plants at the same time or a few at a time.

that answer will depend on you wallet and the cash in it. I prefure to start with all my plant and use the nasty water from all my other tanks. By nasty I mean the water you pull up when you do your gravel cleaning. Makes the cycle real quick. The dirtier the water the better for a fast cycle. My bow fully cycled in 1 day by using this method. However you can add a few at a time and it'll work just as well. The choice is really up to you. Rose

Single or few plants in a tank rarely do as well as multiple plants. Add as many as possible at the same time.

Michael has a point here. I believe plants are something that can have a gratifying visual impact on your tank. We all want to overkill with fish. Live plants are a great way to a tank look mature quickly.

And, if you shop online, you can get mega plants on the cheap.

What more can I say, I'm speechless, twice in one day my goodness, the effect Rose and GL are having upon me is phenomenal. Anyway as my soulkeeper said the more the merrier. I spent nearly eighty pounds on plants and accessories for my tank,and two months down the line, the tank loks as though its been set up for years. The only unwanted guests are hairlike algae and mosstype algae choking the broad leaved plants. A clean knife soon puts an end to that. You can't use Algaizin, because it kill your ordinary plants too. So it's doing it by hand. Best things are done by hand!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I would venture a guess that only one out of every ten tanks I've seen are planted. So a planted tank looks exceptional right from the start. :thumbs:

AMEN GL. I'm slowly converting all my tanks over to live plants. I've seen a huge difference live can make in the color and activity of my fish. They act more natural in live planted tanks than in fake planted tanks. Rose

Most reactions

trending

Back