Plants On Rocks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cynic

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey up, wondering if any of you had any thoughts on something to go on the rocks in my tank (see sig) they are sizeable and i've always felt in the real world SOMETHING would have taken up residense.

At the moment its trace elements of algae, i'm thinking something natural that would maybe fall over the rocks to the sand.

Any suggestions, the lfs just has the stock big leaf stuff. Wondering maybe some moss? I may be having a play with CO2 as well but not sure its worth the hassle?

I would go with a moss of some sort. I think it would compliment the other textures in your tank very well.

It's hard to tell the texture of that stone from the picture, but if it's not rough enough for the moss to latch on to, you can always secure it with some thread to match the color of the stone, or fishing line.

I'd stick a nice fern or some bolbitis on it, once your stems at the back fill in, are rimmed and re planted you'll have a nice full tank. :)

They are lumps of slate, with the obvious texture to go with it.

PS3, that isn't a black background in the picture the tank is viewed on 3 sides its just the living room lights were off when i took the shot. Thats what makes any planting so hard as it has to look OK from so many angles.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back