šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Seb2502

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My parameters are
pH: 7.8
kH: 14 dKh
gH: 1 dGh
My light is fairly intense and I donā€™t have any fertilizers or CO2. I have root tabs that Iā€™m not using though.

image.jpg

My Java ferns are turning brown but thereā€™s still a new leaf coming out off the rhizome
image.jpg

My bacopa caroliniana is also a rusty looking colour, this might be be because those 3 at the bottom were just trimmed and replanted.
image.jpg

And my rotala blood red is more brownish then red and has this thread like algae growing on it. I removed as much as I could 2 days ago when I did a water change but it came back fairly quickly.

If anyone can tell me how I can help these plants please let me know, thanks!

i have 2 of these plants in a 75g
1. the bacopa carolinana is fine, just when it is near the light source, it will turn brown-brownish red
rotala blood red gets more color with more ferts and especially more light
once it grows to the top it will be fine
i also have so much thread algae on my rotala

Java ferns are low light plants. Mine started to look like yours so then I turned off my lights dor a few days and they turned a bright green again... Now I'm not sure if the other plants are medium to high light plants, which if they are I wouldnt turn off the lights

Java ferns are low light plants. Mine started to look like yours so then I turned off my lights dor a few days and they turned a bright green again... Now I'm not sure if the other plants are medium to high light plants, which if they are I wouldnt turn off the lights
They are all high light plants
image.jpg
blood red rotala in high light turns a beautiful brownred
Here you can also see a lot of string algae

Hmmm... Yah, java ferns need to be shaded from high lighting. Otherwise they do that. As for your other plants. Do you have any fertilizers you use in there?? If not maybe try one like flourish. I've heard that works well... I don't know about how to rid of your algae though with high light plants.
They are all high light plantsView attachment 158253blood red rotala in high light turns a beautiful brownred
Here you can also see a lot of string algae

Hmmm... Yah, java ferns need to be shaded from high lighting. Otherwise they do that. As for your other plants. Do you have any fertilizers you use in there?? If not maybe try one like flourish. I've heard that works well... I don't know about how to rid of your algae though with high light plants.
sry i meant the other 2 plants

string algae is easily removable with hands
use florish tabs for the stem plants, and i think java is fine with water floruish

I dont know what to do then... Sorry. I'm sure someone else can help way more than I can
sry i meant the other 2 plants

string algae is easily removable with hands
use florish tabs for the stem plants, and i think java is fine with water floruish

I placed the low light plants on one side of the tank and the high light plants on the other side
Then I blocked off some light with tape on the side with the low light plants. Hopefully this will help

My parameters are
pH: 7.8
kH: 14 dKh
gH: 1 dGh
My light is fairly intense and I donā€™t have any fertilizers or CO2. I have root tabs that Iā€™m not using though.

View attachment 158246
My Java ferns are turning brown but thereā€™s still a new leaf coming out off the rhizome
View attachment 158247
My bacopa caroliniana is also a rusty looking colour, this might be be because those 3 at the bottom were just trimmed and replanted.
View attachment 158248
And my rotala blood red is more brownish then red and has this thread like algae growing on it. I removed as much as I could 2 days ago when I did a water change but it came back fairly quickly.

If anyone can tell me how I can help these plants please let me know, thanks!
Have you tried using seachem root tabs

Iā€™ve only ever used home made root tabs with osmocote fertilizer for Amazon sword
that can be dangerous sometimes. seachem is better for just normal use

Just look at your pH 7.8 is getting to the outer regions for freshwater aquariums and plants. Freshwater tanks like to be acid and so do the plants that are in them

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back