plants getting eaten by something

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

You have a nutrient deficiency but it probably isn't potassium. IF it was potassium. Potasssium as well as nitrogen, phosphate, magnesium chlorine and molybdenum are mobile nutrients. A deficiency in these nutrients causes the older leaves would die off first. leaving the top looking healthy but the with the lower stems missing alll leaves. I don't sea that in your pictures. If it is there it isn't very significant.

That means it might be Calcium, sulfur, iron, manganese, zinc and copper. Iron and zinc leaves very definitive pattern in leaves and I don't see that. Calcium however can cause the tip of the leaf to die. like in your floaters. Check your GH general harness. fertilizers are generally not a significant source of calcium If it is calcium you might need to use a GH booster.
i have some crushed coral, i will add that

hello, in my 75g my hygrophila polysperma and rotala rotundiflora are getting their leaves eaten by something.
i assume it could be:
pest snails not getting fed enough
adding new Harlequin rasboras

which one could It be? there are little holes in the leaves
Definitely not the snails. Most snails only eat dead/dying plant matter, not living plants. Maybe it’s something else, some of my plants will get holes in them when they are unhealthy

hello, could the problem be water flow? I never had problems with algae and plants when I had a strong water flow, should I make it so the water is flowing more?

hello, could the problem be water flow? I never had problems with algae and plants when I had a strong water flow, should I make it so the water is flowing more?
If your flow has been less strong recently then definitely, maybe the plants aren’t getting enough flow or aeration

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back