Plants for tropical fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

abenitez34

Reaction score
Hello!

I recently purchased a 20-gallon tank and finally was able to add a couple of fish. I added 2 dalmatian mollies, 2 sunburst platys, and 4 neon danios. I wanted to add either ghost shrimp or some snails into the tank. I have two other betta fish tanks where I have nerite snails which do a fairly good job. I was wondering if you had suggestions on some cleaners to add to the tank as well as what plants would be best to add that would fit these fish. I would appreciate the help and any other suggestions :).

Amano shrimp are greedy and will eat any excess food and some algae. Nerites are one of the best snails.

Floating plants are great for water quality and your betta will love them. Try frogbit, dwarf water lettuce or salvinia.

More plants the better. I think it's best to go to local fish store & look at ones you like & ask about low maintenance ones. Crypts all do well in my tanks as do some swords & Limnophila sessiliflora.

I'm not sure the tank size is suitable for Mollies. They need base length of 36" for enough swim space.

The fish you have like hard water, if your water is hard that might be another factor to consider picking plants. My water is hard too & plants above do well.

Plants: Amazon sword, Java fern, dwarf sag, anubias, frogbit
Cleaners: nerite, dwarf shrimp, amano shrimp

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back