Plants For My Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
yerp its in cm so its like 30 galls or so soz i didnt post that this morning almost missed the buss putting the repy that i did in :p any ways was considering what you guys said about the unside down cats beeing schoaling fish they are always hiding is this because there are only two of them or if i get like 5 or 6 will they still be hiding? my upside cats are pritty mutch fully grown ie boardering 10cm or so ones a little bigger and more full boddied than the other so i think i have a male and female. if i was to get some more they will probz be only half the size of the ones i have in there atm will this be a problem or will it be fine?? another query i have never seen them eat anything before! yet they are plump and perfectly healthy i think this is due to them being largely nocturnal but wasnt shure so?? if not what are you guys feeding yours ive just been feeding HBH tropical colour crumbles?? ps want to insert a pic how do i do that the atach button seems to have disapeared??

anyways shopping list for sat atm is

1x golden female gourami
2x java fern
1x java moss
1x valice
3x upside down cats

ty for all the help and speedy replies so far

kind regards liam m

yes it's true that they are nocturnal fishes, so don't worry they eat food at night or sometimes when you don't watch them :unsure: ...
no it will not cause any problem, you can easily keep some more :good: ..
good to see that you bought some fishes and plants for your aquarium :D :rolleyes: ..

haha havent bought anything yet it will be tomza afternoon :p awsome thanks for all your help guys!!!! ill keep u posted about what happens tomza at the pet shop :) probz just get the gourami and the plants tomza coz from memory the upside downs are quite expensive :p

lol its a well developed tank had it for over a year its currently got

1x golden gourami
1x RTBS
2x Upside down cats
1X tiger barb
5x Babie bristle noses

the tiger barb is the sharks chew toy poor thing :( keeps the shark busy though
and the BNs are just in their temp untill they grow abit then i can move em on to the pet shops find they grow faster in bigger tanks :)

I have java fern, java moss and anubias attached to bog wood in in VERY low light tank :). I only have natural light and it's not direct light either. They are all doing well.

have thought about taking it out but i am scared that itll turn its gression towards my ggs :( lol soz to ask such a newb question but how do i upload photos ??

I found Java Fern to be very expensive in stores too. Same with Anubias. I figured I'd try ordering it online and see what i got (as online was 1/4 of the price of my local stores. I bought java fern off of this website:

http://www.aquariumplantsandsupplies.com/

They're a well-trusted ebay seller who operate an online store too. Bought one order of Java Fern from them as a trial about two weeks ago. The "10 leaf" portion was close to 20 leaves, and incredibly healthy. It's in a very low-light tank, and survived my "two-week" period that I give a plant to adjust to my tank parameters (if in 2 weeks it doesn't look healthy, I rip it out and trash it). I highly recommend them for Java fern, and it was free shipping too (though it took 15 days from time of purchase to arrive at my house). It was well-worth my money. For the $6 it'll cost you, it's worth it. They also guarantee alive-arrival and if it's DOA, you email them a picture and within 24 hours they ask how you want to procede, re-ship or refund.

I was highly impressed.

I wrote about ordering off of them in my 46 gallon planted journal; with all my hesitation on ordering online typed in there and my surprise at what I received. I highly recommend the company for Java Fern. Just an option for you to consider. THe plants were REALLY healthy, as I superglued them to rocks last week (they were just weighted down prior to while I tracked down the glue I wanted), and despite being soaked in super glue, are showing no signs of wear from the mistreatment.

hey guys thanks for all the info on plants ill have a look on ebay and c what i can pick up :) i recently installed a home made co2 diffuser seems to be working well. someone asked a while back i have 2 20wat t8 bulbs in my tank so thats like 1.3 wats/gall so it is pritty low lighting conditions :( but the baby amazon swords have almost doubled insize:) however are looking very pale :( so hopefully they will green up over the next week or so. the valice has droped of all its damaged leaves and seems to be greening up:) ps the day after i got the valice my tank was covered in tiny spore like things on closer inspection it seemed the valice were carying come kind of seed pod or unopened flower is this normal????

thanks for every thing so far its been a great help kind regards liam :)

ps soz for slow replies didnt relise there was a 2nd page of replies :p

pps ill try and post a pic of my tank is looking pritty scaby atm :p ill post one over the next few days :)

Check out The Last Trading Post on ebay. They sell bundles of plants really cheap.

I paid about £18/19 for 50 aquatic plants and 7 rare bulbs and my tank is full of green stuff. I think your tank is slightly smaller and already partly planted, so 25 plants would probably do. £5 and I think free postage, bargain.

The plants I got were very good quality too. All large and in good health. But they don't guarantee large.

Anyway, up to you, but I'm very impressed. The 50 cost less than 4 plants from P@H which were naff!

thats awsome but id imagine id have to find an australian seller since im in aus :) ill have a look into it just in the middle of bending the sides of a guitar :p so ill have a look c after lunch :)

kind regards liam m

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back